Last Updated: June 06, 2021
What is a now page?
A “now page” tells you what this person is focused on at this point in their life. Inspired by Derek Sivers.
Turning coffee into code over at SkyCatchFire.
Most of my learning comes from wondering around online or diving into books. Who knows where I’ll go. Trying to figure out what I’m focused on. Working on feeling secure.
So much I want to learn and want to read (created To Read bookshelf in library).
Making my way through
- Adrian Cantrill’s AWS Certified Developer - Associate course
- Smart Interface Design Patterns
- How a car works
Running every day
On 2023-08-08 I decided I was going to run a mile every day. The idea of every day is inspired by Beeple everydays, Seth’s blog, Atomic Habits by James Clear, and this post. This every day is a forcing function to
- make me get up from my chair
- make me go outside
- make my heart work
- make some other muscles work
- make me shower
I’ve added some additional exercises to this regime
- run a mile
- Do n pushups
- Do n crunches (a sit-ups without hurting my tailbone)
- Do n dumbbell standing drag curls (had to lookup what this was called)
- Do n dumbbell standing overhead extension (had to lookup what this was called)
I started with n=23, arbitrarily picked because that’s my age. Choosing my age (could choose some division of age as well) lines me up to have a very slow n progression while hopefully remaining maintainable. I’ve seen many similar regimes online where people do 40,50+. I’m not at the point where that’s maintainable. I’m whooped after ~20. Started with 12 pound dumbbells because it’s what I had on hand.
2024-01-07: Get significantly better at extracting knowledge and revealing knowledge.
2023-05-14: Learn, read, and write.
2023-01-04: Receive bachelor degree (2023-05-14: graduated. See my college course list)
Specific areas I want to significantly improve
- Extracting knowledge and revealing knowledge (Cognitive Task Analysis)
- Accelerating expertise / understanding systems
- Software design
Areas I want to get slightly better at
- Project management
Areas I want to suck at
- Social media
Inspired by Ivaylo Durmonski