Resources to learn React, and my log of doing it.
Free React Resources
- Super simple start to react
Paid React Resources
What is React?
- The React JS library is an open-source (created and maintained by Facebook) to handle complex state management and UI updates.
- React allows you to more easily handle state changes and have the UI react accordingly.
What do you need to know to learn React?
I mean, the true answer is nothing. I started learning React with an:
- High level of knowledge about HTML
- Moderate level of knowledge about CSS
- Moderate level of knowledge about JS
I also apparently know enough JS to be dangerous, but not enough, so I’m still quite confused.
React, like code, is an ever-changing, ephemeral beast. In the Beginner’s Guide to React, Kent says “this was so common, the React team created […],” so many times. React seems to have effectively rewritten itself every few years or so.
I mistakenly thought that React was more than it is.
What is React
- React Components
- React Hooks
useStatestate in React components
useReducerconsolidate state update logic in a reducer
useEffectspecify side effects that are caused by rendering itself (yeah, confusing)
useContextread and subscribe to context from your component