Whether you’re giving or receiving direction, 360 Delegation is addressing:
- Definition of Done
- what do you want done?
- what’s your vision for completion?
- why are we doing this? (especially important for Fact Finders)
- when are we starting this task / project?
- what are the milestones along the way?
- what’s the ultimate, final, drop-dead deadline?
- consider telling a story – what are the stakes if this goes well? poorly?
- IMPORTANT: can you show a sample of success? A screencast, screenshot, picture, video, sound clip, link to website… something?
- Access – online – website passwords
- Access – physical – keys to a building or room, login info for a computer
- Money needed, access to credit cards, PayPal accounts
- Expertise – “how to” courses, blog posts, training sessions
- Expertise – consultants available to hire
- Manpower – team members, outside contractors
- Systems / Checklists
- Decision-Making Guidelines
- Approvals and/or Authority
- Hours allocated to complete
- Equipment / Hardware
- Storage – online or physical
- Itineraries of people or events
- Language / translators
Definition of done:
- Specifications of finished project; e.g.) image exported to JPG, 300 x 300 pixels
- Sign-offs required from management or client
- Storage of files after completion; e.g.) store both working file and exported files to Dropbox folder: Clients > ABC Corp > Graphic Design > Banner Ads
- Double-check against related contracts
- Quality-Assurance Checklists created / completed / checked
- Important Dates highlighted
- Schedule created